Sunday, December 25, 2011

TMP105 - Tiny!

Another temperature sensor from the bunch of TI samples I recently acquired from a friend,is the TMP105.
From the datasheet(PDF),
"The TMP105 is a two-wire, serial output temperature sensor available in a WCSP package. Requiring no external components, the TMP105 is capable of reading temperatures with a resolution of 0.0625°C. The TMP105 features a Two-Wire interface that is SMBus-compatible, with the TMP105 allowing up to two devices on one bus. The TMP105 features an SMBus Alert function.The TMP105 is specified for operation over a temperature range of –40°C to +125°C."


0.0625°C! woah,thats precise great resolution,but accuracy is an okay 2°C. Anyway,the package I have it in,is a 6-BGA.Tiny is the new large,with this.Heres a picture to amplify that statement.

It has many neat features,but I guess I'll have to wait till I get a reflow oven.

3 comments:

  1. Hey. Free Samples :)
    I've heard that you made the PCBs of psoc3 from bangalore so I didnt made them. But I can make some pretty breakout boards fro you for free. You need any breakout board or minimum system board for this tiny one? Just ask me. I'll be happy to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't confuse resolution with accuracy. If you look at the data sheet, the accuracy is 2 degrees. So a resolution of 0.0625 degrees is somewhat useless - you would need to calibrate your sensors.

    ReplyDelete