Sunday, November 6, 2011

YSI 44006 Thermistor with the PSoC3

This is a brief account of how I interfaced the YSI 44006 Precision Thermistor,with the PSoC3.
I wont go into what they are,their functional description etc,since thats already very well written,here.

Going with the Steinhart-Hart Equation,I needed the constants A,B and C for this model.I found these here.The thermistor also came with a roll of paper bearing a large table of R v/s T values,which I could've used and solved 3 simultaneous equations(in MATLAB of-course.) and got A,B,C,and they are

 A = 1.025227462259867e-03;
 B = 2.397895314112997e-04;
 C = 1.539983937555444e-07;


Once these were in order,it was a simple matter of rigging up a Delta Sigma ADC for input,and a Character LCD for output.Using a 10k resistor it was wired as here.I used sprintf to format the output for display on the LCD.

The code isn't very robust,i.e doesn't use any averaging or advanced sampling techniques,so the temperature does jump about a bit.I'll try and implement those in my next session.

Code will be up soon.
This code was tested on the CY8CKIT-030,and was written in PSoC Creator 2.0.

Heres what the top design view looks like:

You can find the code in my 4shared account,linked here.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Drop a line in the comments for any clarifications.

No comments:

Post a Comment